Re: [MV] Off topic humor?

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 04:01:19 PDT

At 19.47 09/08/00 -0500, you wrote:
>In last MVPA convention they had horse (manakin -horseaikin?) on display
with pack

>Everette
>
>>From my cold dead hands
>
>Subject: [MV] Off topic humor?
>
>> I apologize for my last outburst.
>>
>> Would the reference to a civil war era vehicle (horse) qualify? How
about vehicle accessories (McClellan saddle)?

>> Irish temperament/humor got the best of me, sorry.
>>
>> John Doherty

Aug 10 2000

Speaking of "manakin"/"horseaikin", there was a beautiful WWII German
camouflaged horsedrawn wagon (Conestoga???) at Beltring complete with two
horses (not camouflaged!). Well, the wind moved their tails... and it took
a few minutes for me to realize that the two horses were...
dummies/"horseaikin"!!! Consider that on the background there was that
special trailer to move real horses...!!!
For pictures go to:
http://mvmarketplace.com/events/beltring/images_pg1/German_wagon_horse-drawn
_rear.jpg
http://mvmarketplace.com/events/beltring/images_pg1/German_wagon_horse-drawn
.jpg

"From my cold dead hands": yes! it is a sign I have seen in the film "Red
Dawn" by John Milius (vice-director of the N.R.A.)!

Regards from the other side of the Big Pond!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878 & I.M.P.S. 2320