Land Rover not on E-bay & IN THE US!

From: WreckerFC@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 06:15:32 PDT

OK listers - Rover'ites and wanna be's.

I've just done an estate valuation on a rather pristene Series IIa, 109 (3/4
ton) soft top Land Rover late sixties model.

The guy who just passed on was clearly taken for a big ride when he paid what
he did for it, and it's subsequent rebuild - very extensive.

The sole hairess want's fair market price for it, knowing full well that her
father was ripped off.

Details:
Restored with new - tyres, tilt, exhaust and assorted smaller items.
Includes - rear bench seats (4 facing 4) plus other mil equip (?- being
researched)
Painted matt green (not tilt) and fully stenciled - if not a tad over
zealously.
Civi extras - Overdrive and free wheel hubs.
Garaged and undriven since delivered.

For the uninitiated - the IIa is stronger in build than the later Series III,
both in frame thickness and transmission.

The vehicle is in UpState NY and fully titled.

I stand to gain nothing from this sale other than being satisfied to find a
good home for this show ready vehicle.

Any interested party - please contact me off list and I'll forward any offers
to the custodian.

Howard Smith - NAmer rep for both Ex Mil LR Assoc'n & 101 FCC&R