[MV] Land Rover not on E-bay & IN THE US!

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 09:09:45 PST

>For the uninitiated - the IIa is stronger in build than the later Series III,
>both in frame thickness and transmission.
>

>Howard Smith - NAmer rep for both Ex Mil LR Assoc'n & 101 FCC&R

I have to agree with you on the series 2 frame not so much on thickness but
on better metal Quality.But I differ on the series 2 transmission being
stronger than the series 3.I have yet to see a broken layshaft on a series
three thereby still being able to move or get out of a situation even if you
strip some teeth,but the series 2 will leave you stranded.Also I have done
many diesel conversions and the series three will hold up to brutal abuse
with the 3B Toyota engine where as the series 2 trans will be destroyed shortly.
Andre
4.6 -80 with suffix'D' series three transmission