Yellow Flashing Lites in Ohio

From: Geof Kaye (KAYE-RIVERCITY@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 21:34:00 PDT

I know for a Fact that you cannot use yellow rotating or flashing lites
on vehicles on public streets in Ohio. What the specifics of the law
is- I'm not sure but the fine is about $100+costs as I
remember[1977]....I had them on a snow plowing jeep and got a ticket
form one Ohio's Finest..... when we moved boats over the highways we
used an "Escort Service Vehicle" with flashing/revolving lites-red
flags-and used the turn signal flashers in the Deuce....with large "Wide
Load" signs front and rear and only in daytime....check the local laws
in your state before using any lighting system other than stock...and
ask the local cops....I'd use a chase car/truck now rather than lighting
on a HMV...that way if a nitwit closed on me too fast he will hit the
chase car instead of the HMV <hehehe> GOOD IDEA about the magnetic
reflectors Mark Blair-I'll make some Sunday.... geof

'92 Dodge Diesel -'72 AMG 6X6 Deuce -'97 454/425 Pathmaker
Airboat-'87 BAJA Fish and Ski and more time/money/toys than I know what
to do with....Ain't America Great!!!