Will I get drummed out of the Corp if I ...

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 23:22:09 PDT

First, I want to thank all the members of this list who have responded to
my recent posts about my M37. They have been very appreciated and helpful.

My M37 is the second MV I have had, the first was 35 years ago when I had
a 1941 Ford Jeep onto which I put a Boyes 55cal anti-tank rifle. Here is
my question: My unit is a '65 from the Marine Corp and is camo tri-colored.
 My "problem" is this. . . I really like the WWII OD type color and
markings but of course this would not be authentic by any standard. Still,
someone told me recently the idea of having a MV for the most part is to
enjoy it and have fun and that's what I want. So if I do an "improper"
paint job on it and put it in local parades (4th. of July, Memorial Day,
etc.), will I get seriously shunned? I probably will never go to any MV
rallys (unless I get the half-track I really want) but I still don't want
to be considered too much of a dork.

Just looking for thoughts here.

Thanks.

David