RE: [MV] Flashing lights

From: Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 22:09:47 PDT

More on the lighting - depending upon the age of the military vehicle you
have,you may have more latitude in lighting. Aain, the best way to be sure
is to first do some studying at the library or wherever you can find a copy
opf your state's vehicle code (maybe on line). Be informed *first*, then
check with the state police/patrol. They usually know more about lighting
then the local police. I have been trying to train these folks for more than
20 years, and believe me, most of them have a *very* limited knowlege of
vehicle equipment laws when it comes to special or old vehicles. In
Washington State we have a specific section that allows one to display
yellow lights for "unuaual" situations: RCW Title 46.37.215.

I like the idea of the magnetic strip with reflective tape. a 4' roll at the
local parts store is inexpensive, and can be backed with magnetic tape. Just
stick it across the back when you have to drive at nigh, and you have a
1-1/2" wide, 4' long red reflector across the back of your "big green
thing"...

Ian Wallace, Seattle