KC Mo and Howie

From: MVBOATNUT@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 05:28:14 PDT

Oh by the way...how come no one has mentioned that the Howie belly flopper
was on display?? I'm sure the world thought it was long gone. When I first
saw it I thought it was a copy that Richard Grace and the Georgia Chapter had
made, just like their jeep in a crate display at Memphis. Stupid me. I looked
at the original photo on display behind the Belly flopper and then at the
vehicle. I was amazed how the Georgia chapter had duplicated the vehicle
right down to the same repaired crack in a fender. Duh!!! This is the real
Belly flopper you idiot!

Having attend every KC convention ('74, '75, '76, '82, '93) this was had the
best vehicle turnout of any of them. Of course this is to be expected due to
the growth of the club/hobby.

What is missing for us "old timers" is the lack of time to hang out with old
friends. Everyone is too busy to even breath.

Yea, yea, the prices are too high, but all the venders were selling MV parts.
Ever walk through a local or national antique car swap meet for hours and not
spot one OD part?

As far as the hotel, it was clear it wasn't the same quality as '93. Then
again I didn't come there to sit in my room all day. A short walk across the
parking lot to the convention center made it worth putting up with the
inconvience of a not enough staff at the hotel.

Anyone who was at KC and didn't get to Arthur Bryant's really missed out. I
was there twice. It's a KC institution!

My hats off to the local and national people who put on this show. It's a
great deal of work with very little rewards for all concerned. It's always
easier to sit back and bitch about things that didn't make you happy. Let's
see the whiners put on a show some day.

Andy LaBorde