Re: [MV] Australian lister seeks MV sights in Eastern USA / also VP Day.

From: Philip Waterman (waterman@tellink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 16:31:09 PDT

Good Evening from New Hampshire, US- Allen

I live in New Hampshire now Allen but I grew up in Washington, DC and I
would suggest if you have the time that you visit the following:

The United States Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland,
has one of the world's leading collections of military ordnance, ranging
from small arms to 240 large armored vehicles, tanks and artillery pieces,
some of the last survivors of their type. ( I have visited this one myself
in the recent past and the large out side display is quite something small
museum is quite good.
http://www.goordnance.apg.army.mil/odmuseum.htm

U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum
Fort Lee, Virginia
http://www.qmmuseum.lee.army.mil/

U.S. Army Transportation Museum
http://www.eustis.army.mil/DPTMSEC/Museum.htm

Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum ( I have visited
this one also and would say it is worth visiting if you are in Washington.
You might also want to check the Smithsonianıs other web sites to see what
else might interest you. Most of the Smithsonian Museum Buildings are along
the mall in the center of Washington.)
http://www.nasm.edu/nasm/museum/museum.htm

Hopefully some of the Washington area MVers will have specifics on Dodges to
visit.

Good Luck Phil

--
Philip Waterman
Canadian Military Pattern  CMP `42 C60S and `45 HUP