FW: [MV] 9% want SUV's banned. Think about this

From: Gordon W. Bell (bellsurveying@smithville.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 05:34:16 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon W. Bell [mailto:bellsurveying@smithville.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 4:19 PM
To: M42Dodge@aol.com
Subject: RE: [MV] 9% want SUV's banned. Think about this

And I thought it was JFK that was alive in Brazil and Hitler's head in a jar
in Moscow!

The thing we learn here!!!

Look guys, so 9 % of the people think SUV's ought to be banned. I imagine
if the question was phrased right, 90 % of the folks polled would have
wanted them banned. Ol' Mark Twain I believe it was said that, "figures
don't lie but liars figure". The 200 update to that is: "and NOBODY figures
like a D*&^%d politician"!

You got to be real leery of statistics. You ever notice how [fill in the
major makers name] is the number one selling truck in America only to be
followed five minutes later by another manufacturer making apparently the
same claim? Read the fine print, it's a different poll. It is amazing. I
guess they think we, the great American Public, are either to stupid or wont
catch on, on wont care that they are lying to us. Yeah, I know, lying is
such a hard word and they aren't really lying, just presenting "the facts"
as they see them and highlighting/ elaborating them a little bit. 50 years
ago when that little geekie guy (Goebbels sp?) in Germany did that, we
called it PROPAGANDA!

The only statistic worth remembering is that 9 out of 10 constipated people
really don't give a crap!

There is always going to be some church lady who thinks that someone else is
doing is going to cause the world to go to hell in a hurry if allowed to
continue. They can probably give a great sound bite. And people will believe
her! The church lady wouldn't lie would she?

In a nut shell don't believe everything you see or read.

Lets get back to discussing the wheels, deals and treads.

While were at it, why don't we all do a cosmic good deed and spend about
half a second and a little effort in saying a prayer for those boys in a
modern MV on the bottom of Bearing Sea and the rest trying to get them out.
Cause there of the grace of God.....

I'll climb down off the soap box now.

Best wishes to all

Gordie