Getting Ready for Helen

From: Castagno, Tony (tcastagno@foodbuy.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 06:01:02 PDT

Hello List,

Well I guess I have procrastinated long enough... need to do some
maintenance/work to get ready for this year's Helen on Wheels. Finally
replaced my torn half shaft boots on my HMMWV last week so kind of on a
roll..... I need to find the following items....

1) Front Boot for M35A2 with whatever hardware is required.. .I'm assuming a
couple of clips? From a post on the list I understand the boot has a zipper
and does not require removal of any major parts (unlike the HMMWV)

2) Manual to repair the boot.... probably should be in one of the -20's.
This may not be necessary if the operation is simply removing the old boot
repacking the grease, zipping the boot up sealing the zipper with rubber
cement and attaching the clips... but not sure if that is the whole story...
any advice and or manual would be greatly appreciated.

3) Instructions for mounting the radio racks and cabling in the HMMWV. I
pieced together a kit from Julian Burke on the cheap but did not get the
diagrams/instructions. I know alot of these complete kits have been sold
recently that should have the instructions. Perhaps somebody who has
already installed theirs will sell or rent the instructions to me....

4) 3 Color Nato Paint (wife won't let me shoot CARC) so I guess the best
substitute look and texture will have to do... would also like to get the TB
(I forget the number) with the camo scheme for the HMMWV in it.....

That should just about get me ready for the rally. Thanks for your help

Tony Castagno