RE: [MV] 9% want SUV's banned. Think about this

From: Brennan, John (john@pequotcap.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 09:33:52 PDT

> But I fail to see where the same applies to historical military
> vehicles.

If the rally cry grows to ban SUV's it'll no doubt be based on size/weight
which will by default include most MV's.

I'm not worried about this as there are too many economic factors in favor
of SUV's. They are the hottest selling vehicles which is why companies like
Ford made a preemptive strike by announcing changes to the vehicles. In
addition one of the most powerful voting blocks in the US own nothing but
these urban assault vehicles - the soccer mom's. They won't give up their
heavy weight, high off the ground, brush guarded, UAV's without a fight.
How else would they be expected to go get groceries and shuttle the kids
around? ;-)

John
M1038

===Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list==To unsubscribe, send e-mail
to: <mil-veh-off@skylee.com>
To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@skylee.com>
To reach a human, contact <help@skylee.com>