WW2 Signal Corps TE-87-A Tool Chest Set for sale

From: MICHAEL PEELER (frnbulx@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:10:00 PDT

Hello to all!

KC was a good time; met some nice folks ("Hi, Debra, John"), put some faces
to names ("HEY!" Cal, "HEY!" Mike, "HEY!" Ken), and I survived the Park
Place again...The newsletter editors' meeting was a real success,
considering it was relatively short notice; and I came out ahead by the time
Saturday rolled around. I should have some convention pictures up by the
weekend on the regional events page.

There is a unique item on the site that may be of interest to some of you,
offered by David Uhrig in Ohio.

I don't have any further info at this time, but I was told this tool chest
set was designed to set up shop in a battlefield area. It appears to contain
most any type of general repair tool; reportedly transported to the desired
location in a shop truck or maybe a Ben Hur trailer. Regardless, it
certainly bears a look: http://mvmarketplace.com/david_uhrig2.htm .

Does anyone know more about this set; where it was used, how it was to be
transported, etc.?

Thanks to all...
Michael Peeler
http://mvmarketplace.com