trailer update

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 18:19:49 PDT

Hi All,
Here's an update for you on the tool trailer saga. My wife and I went and
picked up the trailer at 10am on Sun. morning. I ended up getting a real
good deal on it. It is a 1961 M116 trailer frame with a 1961 BCTM (body
cargo tool mounting) pioneer wagon body on it. The serial on the body is
683 I think which tells me there aren't too many of these things around.
It's 99.9% complete. The only thing missing is one of the big wing nuts
which was used to hold down spare wire wheels for the grinder.
Unfortunately, there are no tools in the trailer aside from the one lonely
Allen wrench I found hiding in a compartment market "electrical repair kit."
  It's still cool in my book. Now, all I have to do is start tracking down
the tools which includes everything from a circular saw to chainsaws. I
only found a little rust in the body and it was all surface rust to boot. I
spent part of the day today scuffing the rust with a wire brush and applying
"Extend" to it. That's great stuff. As soon as I get some photos I'll pass
them along to everyone. If any of you happen to know what kind of tools the
beast was stocked with and where I could find them, please let me know.
Thanks guys.
Sincerely,
Chris
webmaster, http://www.steelsoldiers.com