Re: [MV] trailer

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 21:08:15 PDT

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your input about the trailer. I ended up buying it on Sun.
morning and subsequently towed it 600 miles behind my CUCV on Mon. with no
problems. I have 2" skyjacker springs, 35" tires, and 3.73 gears on my
truck and it handled like a dream. I am going to keep a close eye on my
hitch though. I didn't see any markings on my M1009 concerning a 1/4 ton
trailer limit. Maybe it was isolated paranoia like you said. I think I'll
keep the trailer all original and keep my eyes open for original mil-spec
tools to stock it with. It'll look great behind my 6x6 one of these days.
Thanks again.
Sincerely,
Chris Stansbury
webmaster, http://www.steelsoldiers.com