Re: [MV] High Speed Patrol boat for sale

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@svjava.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 19:59:48 PDT

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 12:43:35PM -0400, LEEnCALIF@aol.com wrote:
> Former 50' US Coast Guard high speed patrol vessel is going up for sale, I'm
> thinking about putting a bid on it, but need some advice.
>
> It has one rebuilt turbo diesel engine and one new, neither have any hours on
> them. Extensive radar and radio antenna array remain. Even one radar unit
> remains, but a few select restricted electronics have been removed and the
> deck gun of course is long gone, but otherwise it is complete. Because this
> was mostly in fresh water, the steel is in excellent condition as are the
> bronze props. Range was allegedly over 1500 miles. Sleeps 6. Has typical V
> hull with high bow and low stern for rough water rescue work.
>
> This vessel is now owned by a local charity and will be advertised locally
> only for a quick sale. I've checked DRMO sales for reference and I'm
> thinking of bidding on it, but hoping someone with some expertise might give
> me a rough valuation. Certainly is an odd craft. ( Just what I
> need....another boat! )

I know quite a bit about USN and USCG small craft, having operated, rebuilt,
etc. many of them.

To my knowledge, the USCG never had any 50' high speed patrol vessels,
especially steel. Any USN high speed patrol craft were/are either wood,
aluminum or fiberglass.

If you can provide me with more details about this boat and/or pictures,
I can probably help you out.

--
Eric Kozowski
Portland, OR