RARE MILITARY VEHICLE IN IMMINENT DANGER- NEED HELP

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 17:04:22 PDT

List,
        A while back, I wrote to the list about PT3, which is the first
Patrol Torpedo (PT) Boat commissioned into the US Navy in WWII. It is
privately owned, and its owner, a friend of mine, has been slowly restoring
it. She was supposed to come out of the water on a marine railway next week
and I was going to be helping to paint her hull.
        Last week, some local punks cut PT3 from her moorings, and let her
float down the creek she was residing in. She struck several submerged
pilings, acquiring hull damage, and sank.
        We are mounting a rescue operation on Monday. That is the earliest
we can get large pump equipment, towing equipment, and anybody out to help
us. Our intent is to repair the hull damage, and then re-float her, and tow
her to the marine railway.
        WE NEED ANY HELP WE CAN GET! If you are available on Monday, and
are convenient to the Swedesboro New Jersey area, and don't mind getting
your hands dirty, please call me. I am at 410-675-2106 for the rest of the
evening, until tomorrow at 0700. Then I will be at my work, which is
301-677-3700/ 2780. Monday Morning, I head up to the boat, and intend to be
there until it gets refloated. It looks like we will need people on Monday
and Tuesday. Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com