Re: [MV] Another Beltring report with pics

From: Hanno Spoelstra (HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 01:41:49 PDT

At 09:52 20-08-2000 +0930, you wrote:
>You jumped the gun there Andreas, the report is nowhere near finished,
>although parts of it can be seen at the URL's you quoted, there is at
>least another 30 to 40kb of text plus photo's to come yet as I am
>still incorporating Richard's photo's and some that Chris Shilitto has
>kindly let me use of his.

Doug,

Good to hear you and Fran arrived back home safely. Very nice Beltring
report you wrote - finally one with a healthy does of Kettenkrad photos.
Even one showing how Andreas got it so dirty!
The first unidentified British truck on the second page is a
Morris-Commercial C9/B or "Carrier, SP, 4x4, 40-mm AA (Bofors)". The second
one is also a Morris, this time a Morris-Commercial C8/AT Mk III, or
"Tractor, 4x4, AT". Used for towing 17-pdr guns, this was a conversion of
the C8/MG Portee (2-pdr) vehicle in late 1943. There was a similar
conversion of the C8/P Predictor vehicle (for the full story see Wheels &
Tracks no.30).
Can't stand I missed having a good look at this vehicle!

Regards,
Hanno

Made in Canada: CMP vehicles
http://www.geocities.com/spoelstra.geo/cmp
Marmon-Herrington military vehicles
http://www.geocities.com/spoelstra.geo/m-h
VW 181 Facts & Figures
http://www.geocities.com/spoelstra.geo/
Jeep successors: VW Iltis, Ford M151, 'Europa Jeep'
http://www.geocities.com/spoelstra.geo/newjeep.htm