German Iltis vehicles for sale in Western Canada

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 11:36:18 PDT

Disclaimer: I have no connection with owner and no interest in the
transaction.

When I drove my wife to work this morning, there was an Iltis in the parking
lot.

There are three Iltis (1/4 Ton Volkswagon 4x4) vehicles are for sale. These
are all Greman made, not made by Canadian Bombardier. Fellow imported three
from Germany (NOT German Army Training centre in CFB Shilo) which barely fit
into container. His vehicles had been repainted flat green in Germany and
have no military markings.

1. The one I saw was a very tidy 1980 made by VW, very straight body,
complete. Original tires, jeerican, front German licence plate, rear convoy
white cross light, base of radio antenna, weapon holding clips, top and four
doors. c. 46,000 Km Canadian $12,000
2. 1980 VW. c. 100,000 Km with camouflaged top. Canadian $10,000

OWNER: David Marshall E-mail info@fastforward.ca Web site:
www.fastforward.ca He is located in Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada (near
the goldrush ghostown of Barkerville) in central BC.

3. The third one is owned by a friend of the above fellow in Alberta.
Registered as a 1974 VW "Thing" (David Marshall believes it can apaprently
be imported into the USA) c. 60,000 Km. American $10,000

Vehicles 1 & 2 may not be importable into the USA.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB