Sacrilegious 2.5-ton A/C question

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 23:29:08 PDT

Warning: Restoration purists should NOT read this message. Since I'm a
bit of a restoration purist myself, I'm not even going to read my own
message. :-)

Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, has anybody ever mounted
an engine-driven air conditioning compressor onto an M44-series
2.5-ton multifuel truck? If so, would you kindly share any details,
either as a personal reply or to the list? Many thanks in advance...

P.S.: Ok, if you're curious, I'm contemplating what sorts of heinous
hacks I might be tempted to perform on my poor, defenseless 2.5-ton
shop van. One of the vans that I bid on at DRMO was heavily modified,
and it inspired me to think of crazy things I can do to my own truck
to make it the Comfy Camper from Hell. It gave me enough justification
to rationalize my inner purist into submission, too... after all, if
the Army can hack a 12 kVA generator into the side of a shop van,
who's to say that my hack job isn't "correct"? :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/