Re: [MV] Bed Roll

From: dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 12:16:43 PDT

You have what it says, an m1935 Bedroll. They were mostly issued to
officers. The pockets in the end were used for your personal effects when
it was used on a cot. The flaps fold in arriound the bedding, and there
was an issue mattress and pillow that came with the set. There are three
large straps that go around the budle when it is rolled up. I'm a bigger
guy who doesn't fit well in a GI mummy bag and I have a good sleeping bag
I put inside for our WWII events. All buckled up it looks like a period
bed. Thanks Howard at DVS