A couple of non-HR-4205 questions (sand blasting/non-working door handle)

From: Enterprise B&B/Cayman Islands, BWI (Enterprise@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 11:31:15 PDT

OK, I'm off my soap box (for today) and would appreciate some input on a
couple of things I need to know re working on my M37. Hopefully my fixing
it up is not an exercise in futility thanks to Mr. Spence.

First: One outside door handle does not work and I can't see any way to
get into the door to fix it. I see the plate at the bottom inside of the
door which I read is for replacement of the window glass but in the manual
I have (older but seems to cover the basic M37) it talks about door
replacement but not fixing the handle. Any thoughts?

Second: I'm looking to get a small sandblasting unit from Sears (100#
hopper and 1 hp compressor). How much power do I need to do a decent job?
I looked into renting a unit but all I found was a very serious compressor
on a trailer and a large hopper and hose which looked like something from
the fire department. I don't think I need something that big.

I also called a sandblasting company and they said they wouldn't sandblast
a running vehicle due to possibility of problems. I know I need to cover
the engine with a good tarp after making sure the carberator and any other
openings are triple-sealed (ditto for the gas tank).

I figure to do it one part at a time by the old "remove and replace" dance.
I don't intend to go right down to the frame but want a good clean base for
a new paint job. There is almost no rust so I'm not worried about going
thru the metal, etc.

Any input on these points will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

David