Re(2): [MV] Demil Bill

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 00:33:36 PDT

I joined the MVPA a year or two back just to be in touch with what was
going on in the US, and I've been quite happy with the level of
committment and professionalism shown by the staff and publishers of the
various magazines and the like. It is a bit of a swine when that item in
Supply Line you have always wanted for your MV was sold weeks before you
got your copy - but life's like that.

The one thing I have never worked out is why the MVPA is so small
(relatively speaking) After all the US is a society built on the wheel and
the engine, with a good regard for its history and the armed forces
contribution, and a very healthy regard for their own countries products.

I would have thought if every MB / GPW owner in the US joined there would
have been more members than that, and I'm excluding us foreigners 'across
the pond' in the UK, Europe, and elsewhere. I'm left wondering if there
has been sufficient internal turmoil to depress the membership level.

Statutory MV content - I need three M 19 ski-wheel trailers please - who
has a spare or three ?

Gordon