Re: [MV] Single Wire Delco Alternators

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:16:04 PDT

My source of information about single wire GM alternators is from a 70 year
old man who rebuilt starters and generators and alternators for a living all
his life.

I have used this system on my cckw for 20 yeas now and have replaced the
battery once.

On one other truck truck I installed the resistor and on another I installed
a tail lamp. Neither made any apparent difference to the initial charging
speed

Steve AKA Dr Deuce
Electrical Engineer by profession