RE: [MV] Trade for M37 speedometer

From: jeepcj8@home.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 16:22:23 PDT

There is a little plastic gear in the transmission/transfer case
where the speedometer cable attaches. The end of the cable goes
in this gear. Speedo shops change this gear to re-calibrate speedometers
whenever people change their axle ratios or tire size. Your gear
or speedometer cable end might be worn slightly causing the slow
reading, though usually that results in a jumpy speedo needle.
I will look at the breakdown when I get home to see if I can
find the gear.
Lisa