Re: [MV] I M M E D//N05760/N05860//MVPA LEGISLATIVE ACTION

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 19:22:32 PDT

In regards to the Honorable Mr Spence not having anything to do with this
bill; I doubt that's totally true.

According to the congressional record, which lists the actions of members
down to the minute, Mr Spence himself, has called for discussions about
amendments to HR4205 to be considered privileged and closed on several
occasions. He has even proposed entire groups of amendments to be entered
together as a single amendment. Not the actions of an individual that 'has
nothing more to do with it'.

Read up fellow listers! The workings of our congressional employees can be
very interesting indeed! Makes me wonder why the rank and file civilians
haven't pushed for an amendment that made crooked politicians guilty of
treason, with it's associated punishment. But then again, today, how many
people on the street could even tell you what treason means?

Now, I'm not accusing anybody of anything with this post! So don't misquote
me. But, in reading the minutes of both houses of congress, I have become
cynical about our entire political process and the way we have our business
taken care of for us. So much polite rhetoric. BS. Someone is trying to
slip something in everywhere!

As far as military vehicles go, if we don't watch 'em in Washington, they'll
give 'em away to somebody else, and ask us to grin and bear it, it's for our
own good.

John Doherty

Sorry, I've been reading how these guys make their living.