My earlier comment

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 23:17:32 PDT

To all,

If you read my earlier posting you might have noticed that I made reference
to misinformation provided by police officers.....in fact, I did that
twice.....the first time for those of us who never read the WHOLE message
and the second time for those of us with SHORT memories.

By way of explaination I would like to say that for most policemen, anything
having anything to do with commercial CLASS vehicles (notice I said "class")
is a complete mystery. As I am one of only a few CMV inspectors within my
traffic division I can report that to you as the utter truth with full
authority! Still, most of my fellow police officers who don't know too much
about that sort of thing will, if cornered, try their damned best to provide
SOME kind of an answer and unfortunately it's a coin toss wether or not that
answer will be right because these laws are complex....to say the LEAST,
baby.

So if you have a question that needs and answer, don't ask the first boy in
blue that you see at the Dunkin Donut stand......find the RIGHT source of
information first, then double check the information you've received.

G'nite all!
Dream GREEN!
TJ