Re: [MV] M35 Heater Location

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 06:23:46 PDT

>In reference to the heater and location in an M35 Series, I just bought
>an M35A2 that has an M151 heater mounted on the passenger side,
>inside on the firewall. Neat and easy installation compared to putting
>in the right one "by the book", but there's no provision for defrosters.

This installation used the diverter box (for lack of a better term) from the
original kit, you get defrosters and heat. The elbow that did go on the
inside of the firewall is now used directly on the blower suction side and
then points straight to the right (motor points straight down) where it
goes thru the body. Unfortunately I did not study what was on the side of
the cab as it was quite busy with the exhaust and air cleaner (externally
mounted), but I'm thinking you could use the original scoop, maybe.... I
should get out the scanner and have pics available if anyone is interseted.

>I sure agree that mounting the heater inside allows for easier access to
>the engine and filters.

If I did this and say made up a number of bracket sets, would there be any
interest out there?

je