Re: [MV] Dont ask just do it

From: Jim Rice (majrice@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 12:34:04 PDT

Brilliant! Open contempt for existing laws.....what a militant attitude.
The very thing which will get us an extremist label in a heartbeat.

What is wrong with attempting to be prepared. Then, if a Law Enforcement
officer stops you, you are prepared to cite what the law is and where it may
be found (respectfully, of course). If you show you've done your homework,
I believe many, if not most cops will realized you are legitimate.....it is
pretty easy to tell when someone KNOWS what they are talking about vs BSing
regarding something as complicated at traffic laws. If you are really
concerned, carry a copy of the appropriate statute/regulation/etc in the
glove box.Even if a stop doesn't go your way and you are cited, but within
the law, you know you will beat it in court.

When I first licensed by vehicles in Oklahoma a Classic Former Military
Vehicles which didn't require a license plate, I had documentation in my
glovebox. In fact, when I first initiated my licensing, the DMV (Tag)
office workers didn't believe me. I had to cite the section of the law that
made it effective and also explain to them what was required.

To not do your homework/legwork is an invitation to being cited.

I don't necessarily agree with all the silly laws out there, but I sure
don't try to openly violate them and invite a citation.

Jim Rice