Re: [MV] My Earlier Comment ( Started as Overwidth, I think)

From: Todd Logan (bugdaddy66@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 05:29:43 PDT

Howdy List;
Thought I would post a few ideas that have helped me deal with the legal
issues of driving my M35,
1) Pick up a copy of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations at any
truck stop. Get familiar with the laws, and let an officer help you
understand it if you get stopped. I found this helps a ton when they see you
are trying to be informed (and the learn too!)
2)Stop by your local weigh station and ask the officer any questions you
have about your truck and legal requirements. After doing this, the officer
later came by my place and helped me find out the definition of a bus, and
how I could use my truck to haul passengers. He even made calls to our state
capitol to help clarify a few points. He makes a much better friend than an
enemy.
3) Get your CDL. If you run into a difficult officer or situation, this
seems to be the easiest solution.
Above all, try and conform to the spirit of the law, don't try to find
loopholes and backroads around them.

Todd Logan
68 M35A2
71 W200 Air Force Crewcab