Re: [MV] Mystery Jeep Trailers

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 01:23:04 PDT

Interesting...

I've found the original data plate after a deep search..as it was stolen by
the previous owner...

in my trailer's plate there is no REBUILD reference..."Ricostruito" in
italian language..BUt there are reference to a US contract..but I wasn't
able to find sources for such a contract.

I guess that this particular trailer was really BUILT in Italy, under the
Marshall Plan Aids (I've found the glue shapes on the panels where the
paper sheets were)
http://space.tin.it/io/maurbere/foreign_aid.jpg
 with ORIGINAL spare parts.
All these parts, from panels to the last small piece are 100% original US
as per TM10-1230.

I think that in these trailers recently found in Norway and in Belgium ,
our friends might investigate on panels searching for traces of paper shapes.

In your message, Antoine, you will find also the data plate details attached.

ciao

maurizio

 | | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
/_/()||||()\_\ http://members.xoom.com/pierino
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| I - Milan 20155 ICQ # 8438805
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228