Trailer Parts

From: MThom15@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 20:39:13 PDT

I have a friend who's a scoutmaster of a local troop, and I went over his
place yesterday to help with a display he's working on. While I was there, I
happened to mention my M151, and while we were talking, he mentioned that his
troop had purchased an old military trailer a few years back. It turns out
that he has it sitting in his back yard behind the garage, so we go to look
at it.
    It turns out to be an M416, some surface rust inside (he lost the cover
about a year ago and it's been sitting out in the weather ever since), but
the rust isn't too bad. All the light's are there, parking brake is intact,
original chains and hooks, good tires and a spare. Overall a good trailer.
Then he mentions they're looking to get rid of it because they recently
purchased a larger trailer. $350 and it's mine.
    Only one problem: When they got it, no one it the troop had a pintle
hitch on their truck, so rather than put one on or buy an adapter, they
figured it would be best to cut the military hitch off and weld a civy hitch
on. I noticed they the tongue is bolted on, so it doesn't look like it'll be
difficult to remove the civilian hitch and replace it with a military one.
    Does anyone out there know where I can find an NOS pintle hook for the
trailer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Matt Thompson
MVPA #21737
1971 M151 A2