WWII trailer harnesses

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 07:20:43 PDT

How many wires are on a WWII trailer harness? I have picked up a WWII gun
carriage light. It consists of a standard WWII trailer plug, three long
wires in a loom sheath, looking like a WWII trailer harness, a bracket with
a strap for securing around a gun barrel, and a WWII tail light bolted to
the bracket. The three wires are connected to TL, SL, and GR on the plug.
The red wire is the ground, and is fastened at the light end to the bracket.
Can I use this or modify this for a WWII harness? It is nice and long- at
least 12 feet of cable. Thanks in advance for any information.

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com