Hobby Alliances, or, more fitting, Interlocking Fields of Fire

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 08:36:11 PDT

I concur with Dean and Doug; There should be a network of strategic alliances
between the different organizations dealing with former military (as well as
classic civilian) vehicles. (After all, in their service life, they supported
one another...)

As far as defining a historic military vehicle, how far do we want to go? There
are those who will forever cry "I'll give up my 105 mm smoothbore cannon when
they pry my cold dead hands from the controls of my Sherman tank..." and will
absolutely not budge or compromise.

And then there are those who are happy to have their main guns de-milled, so
long as the outward appearance is maintained...

There is a demonstrable need for these old MVs, to be sure, and defining them is
the key.

Let us dispense with the indignant rhetoric, and come up with something that our
pro-MV legal reps can wordsmith around and then lambaste our elected officials
with.

Thanks to Brandon for the EAA snapshot.

Bill