Re: [MV] More on HR4205.....Thank you EAA!

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 15:19:25 PDT

That definition would not work for the government.
If this is over aircraft, it is probably over several Huey Cobra's that were
built from parts. you are talking about a 30 plus year old historic aircraft. the
legislation before us was designed to stop that item, and if other things are
caught in the net the government will not care.
they went so far about 4 years ago on the cobra issue as to confiscate them
(about 6ea in all) and send them to Texarkana Texas while their legal owners
fought to get them back. I know some about this from talking to one of my
customers who was involved in this by loosing 1 1/2 cobras at the time. Heck I
even sold him some of the parts in question, all legally bought at various DRMO
sales on the east coast.
This whole bill is another knee jerk reaction, because we don't seem capable of
enforcing all the existing laws we have.
What it comes down to is a B17 is a bomber, an AH1 Cobra is a gun ship, a Jeep is
a potential gun platform, and your (our) government doesn't think that normal
people would collect any of these things.

It's really a shame.

jeff

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON