something exciting

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 20:46:06 PDT

 The kindergarten class had a homework assignment to find out about
something exciting and relate it to the class the next day.

When the time came for the little kids to give their reports, the teacher
was calling on them one at a time. She was reluctant to call on little
Johnny, knowing that he sometimes could be a bit crude. But, eventually,
his turn came...

Little Johnny walked up to the front of the class and, with a piece of
chalk, made a small white dot on the blackboard, then sat back down. Well,
the teacher couldn't figure out what Johnny had in mind for his report or
why the dot was exciting, so she asked him just what that was.

"It's a period," reported Johnny.

"Well, I can see that," she said, "but what is so exciting about a period?"

"Damned if I know", said Johnny, "but, this morning, my sister said she
missed one. Then Dad had a heart attack, Mom fainted, and the man next
door shot himself."