Re: [MV] Twing 12 v. trailer with 24 v. M35

From: Jim/Julia (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 13:00:58 PDT

I have the same dilema. If you find an answer, please post it to the group.
I have a solution, but it involves using a 24 to 12 volt downconverter and
some relays. Ideally, it would be a box with a cable that you plug into the
M series trailer jack on the rear, and then have a pigtail coming out the
other side so that you can wire whatever connector you wish on it. I can
make one up, but haven't gotten around to it. There must be one on the
market, already.
    It's fairly easy to install resistors to drop the voltage, but then the
design depends on the current draw of your particular trailer. If you decide
to haul a lighter trailer, then you might blow out the lights on the new
trailer, if you chose too low of a resistor value, in order to run higher
current lighting on your normal trailer, etc.
    I could have some made up, if enough people wanted such an item. Jim