My humble apoligies

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 19:21:02 PDT

Hi list....
My most humble apologies for offering up a little humor to calm the waters.
Still, I found them funny and hope you did too.

Weekend efforts on the Scout car got me a few steps closer to the completion
of the chassis. I may just halt after another foot or so and send it out to
the frame shop, since the last bit of the frame is what needs tweaking. No
doubt they will be putting some heat on it and I just cannot see having to
do the same section twice.

I am looking forward to getting the Scout out of the sandblasting tent so
that I can tackle the pieces and parts. Recovering the sand from under and
around the chassis has been a time consuming task and I am looking forward
to being able to simply sweep up and recycle without all the crawling
around. The small parts I have done so far look great and I cannot wait to
bolt everything back together!

This weekend I will get away from the Scout (something I've been needing as
I am getting tired of working on it nonstop) and I will go up to the Admiral
Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg, Tx as a Parks & Wildlife volunteer to take
sick call at their WWII motor pool. I haven't been up there in a year and
it seems that some things have gone to seed. This is not to suggest that I
am the only guy to turn a wrench up there but I did my share before I got
started on the Scout. Should be a nice change of pace. (By the way, some
of you probably heard about the volunteers who worked on the Nimitz's PT
boat only to turn around and try to lay claim to it.....I am NOT one of
those guys!) On the other hand, my buddy and I did put their DUKW in the
water for the first time in 25 years several years ago (without a leak, I
might add)..... We motored around in the waters off Galveston Island, Tx at
a heart stopping, but rather sedate, 6 knots. Thrillsville!

Jim Rice, when you come to visit remind me to show you pictures from
Operation Pacific Fury!

Enough for now.....Keep 'Em Rollin'!

It's a nice change to be able to go work on other WWII mil-vehicles once in
a while.