Re: [MV] Story of the Drivers Licenses

From: Eugene PANTANO (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 19:51:36 PDT

During WW2..a friend of mine was in the Army..ours..U.S.
He was a Sergeant with the 14th Armored Division, Half Tracks....Tank
Destroyers...with the Cat that has the tank in it's mouth...
He was the track commander while in a combat zone in Italy...Sergeant
Capsey is still living here in Colorado Springs. Although in a nursing home
now. While out one day trying to destroy a tank in a small villiage in
Italy..his track was attacked from the air by a very "strange "
aircraft...strange indeed..it was a ME62.. They pulled the track next to a
building...the building was hit and parts of it fell on the track. Capsey
held his position to fool the German into believing the track was
finished...it worked...the track and it's mortar were intact when darkness
fell ..and he stole away .. Next day he reported that he had been strafed by
a "strange" aircraft...first ever by a "jet".. True story...and SGT Capsey
brought home the drivers licenses I am selling.. I have his..all signed off
and with the "track" on it... and the report of the ME62 attack published a
few days after the attack..Thought you would all enjoy this bit of
trivia......Gene