Re: [MV] Truth or Scam?

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 12:25:21 PDT

john.hutterer@deltec.com writes:

<< Know we can get these for $24,000 Australian dollars, which I believe, is
 $12000 to $14000 US dollars but please check the exchange rate.

 We have to move quickly the military want 50 per cent deposits by Monday. I
 may be able to stall them a little and even cover your deposit for a couple
 of days. The vehicle will be released in sixty days when we have to pay the
 rest. >>

Thanks to John for bringing this to our attention. It has a strong
resemblance to the same old scams that reappear at intervals (bounded only by
the short memories of people suckered into parting with their cash).

Despite my general views about the DRMO, at least they WARN people regularly
about the dangers of "accepting gifts from strangers" (for this read sending
deposits to people who promise to deliver your HMMVW/Jeep/Tank etc in 60
days).

Remember, a fool and his money are soon parted...... which reminds me... how
did a fool and his money get together in the first place???

Kind regards
Ken