Mil-Veh List Renewal

From: Arthur Kyle -- Mil-Veh Admin (ack@mil-veh.org)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 01:49:55 PDT

Mil-Veh list members:

I regret having been so long absent and humbly offer my apologies. I have been
working on a critical and complex project for some time now, and I wrongly
permitted myself to become fully absorbed in it. It deterimentally affected
several aspects of my life, however, and I am determined to return myself to
normalcy. I have not followed list traffic for the last month or so, however,
so I hope that you have all maintained a reasonable level of civility. If not,
then I will have my work cut out for me. I can only hope that we have lost no
members due to my irresponsibility. For those of you unfamiliar with the rules
under which I operate the list, I will be posting several messages outlining
them. I have not done so for several months, and this may be a good reminder
for others. I will outline some changes at the list's main website,
www.mil-veh.org, on Saturday afternoon.

The address of the list is changing from skylee.com to mil-veh.org. This will
effect filtering that you may have set up, so please make the appropriate
adjustments. I wish I could have given you some warning, but I wanted to make
use of the lower-traffic holiday weekend to make sure the system works
properly. Messages you send to mil-veh@skylee.com will be transparently
re-routed to mil-veh.org, including administrative messages, and will continue
to do so forever. I will be monitoring the list closely over this holiday
weekend just in case there are problems. Please bear with me if anything does
go wrong, however. I will do my best to get things back on track as soon as
possible. I know I have some housekeeping things to do with the archive, for
example.

Again, I hope that you have all done your best to maintain the list as a good
source of both information and camaraderie, and I will as well.

--Arthur Kyle
  mil-veh list admin

PS Those of you who contributed to the list or attempted to should be
receiving mail from me at any time. If you don't, please let me know. Some of
you didn't give me your e-mail address or your full name, and it was hard to
connect names and e-mail addresses. I am very grateful for your support, and I
do want to know who you are.