Re: [MV] When they came for the *'s, I said nothing.......

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 02:23:20 PDT

>This is 1000% correct!!! That is like saying, I will sacrifice the M-Series
>for my WW2 stuff.
This is the reason that legal gun owners and the NRA didn't want to
sacrifice "Saturday Night Specials." We know these guns are crap,
but banning them only opens the door for banning other types of guns.

>Our ability to keep our precious HMV's rests on the gun battle. If it is
>lost, so shortly thererafter are our HMV's
We motorcyclists, at least some of us, knew full well that if we lost
the helmet law issue, and in NJ we did, then other laws infringing on
our freedoms would come to be. And they did, in the form of mandatory
seat belts (not mc's, yet), lights on (post 1976 motorcycles - a law that
makes our scoots invisible now that daytime headlights on by cars
and trucks has become so popular) and wipers on (cars, trucks) head-
lights on (apparently, too many of us couldn't figure out that if we are
driving in a serious storm our visibility to other drivers would be nil
without our lights on).
It sure is heartwarming to know so many patriots, as evidenced by
postings to this M-V list, are alive and well!
Joe Young