WWII Jeep Trailers.

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 21:09:21 PDT

Can anyone direct me to a photo of the "dump" type trailer. I've come across
an unusual MBT type trailer, but it doesn't quite match up with the MBT and
BT3's or the post war Bantam's that I am familiar with. Admittedly this one
has had some modifications by the local farmers, but the sides are a little
different. It has two stake holes in each of the sides - not stake pockets
like on the Post War Bantam, but actual holes in the sides. These form deep
pockets about 2 x 4 inches and I'd guess about 10-12 inches deep. The
fenders are typical MBT style, and it has the standard 1/4 ton trailer safety
chains. There is no lunette, but a checker plate area with a large hole in
it to fit the pintle hook. (This may be a farmer addition). It does not
appear to have a landing leg or hand brake. It does have a "factory" looking
tailgate, that looks like it could be a "dump" type configuration.

It's cheap enough to buy just for the wheels (which are NOT combat) and the
chains, but I'd like to know what I'm looking at.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama