Re: [MV] Junk on ebay ( WW2 German vehicles from the wilds of Russia)

From: MARK ZUREVINSKY (maz_concerts@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 07:53:33 PDT

Jon,

I am so glad that you have pointed this out. If it is not a joke, then one
needs to seriously consider where the prices are coming from.

As I have said before, "buyer beware". It is so easy to locate it, but try
and get it out of the country (former USSR). I can't speak about Russia, but
I can tell you that this is not for the light hearted in Ukraine. I know I
am here now and doing it. Russia is the same or worse I would imagine. It
took over two months to get my NSU Kettenkred out of Russia and into
Ukraine. But I got it!

All territories of the former Soviet Union have a law that exists from days
gone by. That is in simplistics "anything that is mechanical and built prior
to conclusion of WWII is property of the Government". Now try and convince
them it is not. This is regardless of origin. Also note that with this law
comes the involvment of 5 and I repeat FIVE ministries. Again, I know
because I am here now and doing it and done it. If I did not have the
contacts that I presently do, I can only say one thing to the prospective
people whom think that they can come here and do it themselves; STAY HOME!
It will be less expensive.

As an after thought, by the time one is through dealing with the red-tape, 1
million is not a bad price come to think about it!

Regards,

Mark Zurevinsky
for MAZ

* posted to the list for information purposes only