Re: [MV] Testing a coil

From: Janet Blohm (barjanin@eagle.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 19:29:51 PDT

Hi Dennis
    Sorry I missed you when you were up here
in the far north. Glad you got your parts picked up
okay at my garage. As for your coil, any garage or
auto electric that has been around for a while could
test your coil. There is a special tool not commonly
used anymore. It will fire the coil and you can watch
the spark. It is important to let the coil get hot while
you are testing. Many old coils test okay when cold
but fade a bit when hot. Hence the hot start problems.
Hope this helps.
    Barry Churcher