[MV] HELP!! - Paint colors and unit markings

From: Dixie Bell (bellsurveying@smithville.net)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 04:20:10 PDT

Guys,

I need some help. In June, I picked -up my M-151 from Jeff Stinson in
Louisiana and drove it back to Indiana. 825 mile road trip in a jeep what an
experience.

The jeep is in great shape and made the trip with no real problems it is not
however painted 1 October is the parade climaxing the Fall Festival. This
year we are going to honor the Korean War Vet's (50th Aniversry). They want
me to drive the Grande Marshall (Fromer Korea War POW) in the jeep ( I know
it's one war back but the closest we got!). Need to paint the beast.

What are the proper colors for a circa 1967 Army Jeep? And also who is the
best to deal with as far a speed and all getting the stuff delivered etc.

As I am a Reserve Officer with a medical unit, I would like to paint it up
as one of the hospital units that served in Vietnam, any help with unit
markings leads on photos etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Also, as the parade is going to be honoring primarialy the Korean War vets
any vehicles especially, Korean War vehicles would be greatly appreciated.
There ARE going to be a LOT of Congressional Candadates, maybe a Senatoral
Candadate and a bunch of others. Will be a real good chance to show them
that our GREEN MACHINES are not a threat and how ridiculaous that bill is.
IF you think you could make it and are interested get in touch with me and
we will work out the details.

Thanks,

Gordie Bell
MVPA # (hell I don't remeber & can't find the card)

1967 M-151
1954 M-43 (deadlined)