Re: [MV] M37 value?

From: Lisa (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 19:07:06 PDT

Hi Schmoo,

shmoo wrote:

> I found a m37 that is totally complete with all little parts

Does it run? If not, $3,000, if so, $5,000.

> also has winch

There's $1,200 right there.

> and all wood for the rear area.

$300.00

> It does certainly need loving care. No rot
> through anywhere except the front fenders but he has two sets of excellent
> front fenders he will include.

Cool.

> He also just put on all new rubber and has a
> new canvas for the cab.

$400-$500

> Also included is a complete deep water fording kit
> still in box.

$150, I think.

> What would this be worth?

It could be anywhere from $4,000-$9,000. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is
asking over $6,000 as is. Check the data plates -- W-W is With Winch, WOW is
WithOut Winch. It will tell you how the truck came originally. What year is it?
Is it Army or Marine Corps? Is it stencilled? How are the seats? Floor pans?
Tires/wheels, and is there a spare tire? Is the tire carrier in the bed or on
the driver's door? How are the seats? On and on, when you are in this price
range, it is best to offer a consultant fee for someone who knows M37's
thoroughly to look it over for you. If you have to start buying parts that you
didn't realize you need it could get expensive. Some items are easy and
inexpensive to find, while others are rare. These are great trucks which hold
and increase in value. They drive very nice for something almost 50 years old.

I hope it ends up being a good deal for both parties.
Good luck,
Lisa