Looking for Cushman Trackster

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 18:34:31 PDT

I am looking for a little tracked vehicle made by Cushman called a
"Trackster". Either the floating model or the normal one would do and
condition is open to discussion, as would be the price.

If you've never seen one, there is a picture in Fred Crismon's book titled
"U.S. Military Tracked Vehicles" in the lower right corner of page 239. The
Trackster as sold by Cushman did not have the elaborate frame work
sourounding it.

I have always heard that these were tested by the Army but it never went any
further. I have a pic at :

http://www.execpc.com/~jemery/Pics/tracks2.jpg

The unit is 92"L and 62"W, weighs 1040lbs. It is powered by 25 HP opposed 2
stroke OMC engine which drives a pair of Sunstrand hydrostats which then
drive the drive sprockets at the front of the vehicle. Control is by a dash
mounted throttle and a "T" stick for forward/reverse and turning.

If you have one, have seen one, or know of one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks,

je