Re: [MV] M4 Pedestal MountDear Listers, does anyone have an M4 with the maker taf

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 23:56:17 PDT

Ken wrote:
>Dear Listers,
>does anyone have an M4 with the manufacturers tag still arttached? If so,
>can you please let me know who the maker was? Thanks.

       I have had quite a few of these mounts and I have never seen a
maker's tag or marking on any of them.

>For those of you lucky enough to own a copy of Supply Bulletin SB38-101, can
>you please cross-reference the maker from that? The manufacturers part
>numbers (main parts of pedestal) are:-
>5574683 and 8712339

       Sorry Ken, SB 38-101 only tells you what the end item is that the
part fits. That is to say, what vehicle, radio, aircraft, or weapon
the part fits on. Possibly the data you want may be in FedLog or
ArmyLog. I think the company that made the mounts may have been located
in Michigan. I bought some of the top sections from a fellow at a gun show
here several years ago. He said they were left over from the Govt.
contract at the factory where he worked.

                   Jim

James T. Gilmore
2565 Wiethoff, Inkster Michigan 48141
313-5618826 (Voice)