CUCV engine heater

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 12:21:47 PDT

.
> Anyway, is ther any reason not to put a tank heater on the heater hose of
my
> M1009,

Any CUCV that has a good operating glow plug system, will start in very cold
weather. However; a tank heater wouldn't hurt and is advisable to use when
temperatures are below freezing. It helps the engine start faster and with
much less stress on the engine itself. A friend of mine told me that his
Blazer was starting by itself normally in 15 below zero in Minnesota without
the help of a tank or block heater. I'm sure it rattled upon starting much
louder than if it had a block heater. GM has one that fits inside of a
freeze out plug that is very effective. For you folks in the south where
temps seldom ever reach below freezing, it may be an action not worth the
expense.

Julian Burke