m880-Clicking in dash

From: Scott Jackson (JSCOTTJ@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 19:22:54 PDT

When driving my m880 the other evening, I heard a "click" in the dash,
cycling every 10 seconds with dash lights on, and maybe every 60 seconds
with dash lights off. If dash lights were on, the clicking corresponded
with the dash lights dimming-momentarily. This clicking sounded like a
circuit breaker doing its thing (indicating a short?). Is the circuit
breaker or relay bad? Easy or common to replace? Where is it? Is the
circuit breaker good and simply protecting from a short somewhere?
The collective mind in this forum is an amazing resource! Someone
somewhere will have seen this before-please respond! My m880 is a new
toy to me and not similar at all to previous restorations of m-37's.
The first differences noticed were 1. drove it home-all the way home
2. Seventy eight mph with stock tires! (Yikes! even the deuce can't
touch that!)
No overly alarming noises, vibrations, smells, or gauge readings 3.
This truck is invisible! Other than curious kids, no one even SEES this
truck, it's just another national guard ar army truck to most. Four
trips out without license plates (various wild goose chases to tag
agency, E-check, scale, back to tag agency etc. Great how we have to
break the law to comply with it, ain't it?) resulted in zero problems or
brutal arrests.

Unlike m-37's which seem to draw curious, admiring or nostalgic company
in any environment-whether you want company or not :-)

Other than this probably minor problem the truck is great. If you get
the chance to deal with Frank at the American War Museum in central
Ohio, do it. My purchase seems to be exactly as represented and was
fairly priced.